By Aromatics International
DIY Bug Repellent Candle
Craft your own bug repellent candle to keep biting bugs at bay! Containing essential oils of Lemongrass, Catnip, and Cedarwood Atlas, this candle smells great and helps keep your space free of pesky insects!
- Put a cotton wick into an 8 oz. glass mason jar. Center the metal tab on the bottom in the middle of the jar. You can keep the wick centered by laying two chopsticks across the top of the jar and placing the wick in the middle. (Tip: If your wick still seems unstable, try using a bobby pin or paper clip to hold it in place.)
- Put a glass or Pyrex measuring cup into a pot that’s about ¼ full of simmering water. The water will heat the measuring cup from the outside.
- Melt the beeswax in the measuring cup. (Tip: You can blend the essential oils in a separate glass bowl while the beeswax is melting!)
- Remove the beeswax from heat when it’s almost fully melted.
- Add the essential oils and stir, using a glass stirring rod or a stainless steel spoon.
- Carefully pour the melted wax into the glass jar, holding the wick in place. (Tip: Try pouring just a small amount of the melted blend in first, and letting it get a bit solid so it holds the bottom of the wick in place!)