By Aromatics International
Carrot Cake Whipped Body Butter
A decadent, lush body butter that is smooth and creamy. Perfect for holiday gifts or just to keep, all for yourself!
- Put the measuring cup into a pot that’s about ¼ full of simmering water. The water will heat the measuring cup from the outside.
- Melt the coconut oil and vanilla-infused jojoba in the measuring cup. Use a glass stirring rod to gently mix them. (A stainless steel spoon also works great!)
- Put the shea butter into a glass or stainless steel mixing bowl. (Hint: It helps if your shea butter is in smaller chunks.)
- Pour the melted ingredients over the shea butter.
- Let the melted ingredients soften the shea butter.
- Add the essential oils and stir gently.
- Use a stick blender or handheld blender to whip the ingredients together into a light, fluffy consistency.
- Spoon the body butter into three 2 oz glass jars.
Want to experiment a little? Kpangnan butter makes an excellent substitute for shea butter in this recipe!
Overall RatingWrite a Review
I loved the sound of this body butter but I have to say I did not like the aroma of carrot seed oil. I ended up putting more in more ginger. After I mixed it up and whipped it, I was disappointed because it was so incredibly oily. However, I put in in my jars and in fridge for an hour or so. By that time, consistency was just right. I would make this again but find a different oil than carrot seed.Teresa
I liked the sound of this recipe as it was just three main ingredients and I had all the essential oils. It was certainly easy to make but didn’t have much, if any, fragrance. The actual butter is wonderfully rehydrating though.Yojana