At Aromatics International we have Sandalwood from 2 different countries, Indonesia and Hawaii. Both the Indonesian and Hawaii Sandalwood have beautiful aromas, the Indonesia one having a more traditional scent.
Sandalwood has been used for centuries as incense. Its aroma has a way of calming and quieting the mind, settling the breath. Add to unscented liquid soap and in foot massage creams to experience the soothing, strengthening and grounding effects. It has a woody, balsamic, sweet aroma. Sandalwood is also used as a moisturizer and antiseptic for skin concerns. You can put a bit of it on a warm cloth and use that as a compress for dry or dehydrated skin. Cooling and grounding.
Why do we love our essential oils?
If you would like to know more about aromatherapy, we highly recommend…
|Country of Origin||Indonesia|
|Cultivation||Plant Was Wild Crafted|
|Extraction Method||Steam Distilled|
|Plant Part(s)||Trunk, Wood|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
When a sore throat coming on, put a drop under your chin and on your neck and the sore throat will often clear up within a few hours. If you feel a cold coming on, use the Sandalwood, and try a few steams with Eucalyptus, Ravintsara and Pine. Then try a hot bath with Rosewood and Roman Chamomile. This ritual can prevent a cold from settling in.Recipes
1. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
2. Davis P. Aromatherapy an A-Z. New revised edition C.W. Daniel Company Limited, England, 1999
3. Keville, K. Aromatherapy, A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, The Crossing press, USA, 1995
4. Mojay G. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Henry Holt and Company Inc., England, 1996
5. Price S. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, 2nd edition, Churchill Livingstone, 1999
6. Tisserand R. The Art of Aromatherapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1977
No safety issues specific to this oil.
The suggested shelf life is 6-8 years.
|Batch Number||Distillment Date|