Our organically crafted sweet basil essential oil is steamed distilled from basil leaves cultivated in the lush valleys of Nepal. One of our favorite ways of using this essential oil to help ease unwanted muscle spasms.
The delicate, beautifully aromatic Ocimum basilicum ct linalool leaves create a sweet, herbaceous, anise-like essential oil. Along with helping to ease unwanted muscle spasms, basil essential oil is helpful for reducing minor pain and inflammation as well as reducing the presence of unwelcome bacteria or fungal growth, such as candida. Try using basil essential oil to help ease a headache caused from stress and muscle tension. Emotionally and energetically, basil essential oil clears and protects. This essential oil strengthens self-confidence and improves personal motivation. Basil essential oil offers energetic protection. This essential oil is incredibly uplifting and often increases mental clarity.
|Country of Origin||Nepal|
|Extraction Method||Steam Distilled|
|Plant Part(s)||Flowers, Leaves|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
1. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
2. Davis P. Aromatherapy an A-Z. New revised edition C.W. Daniel Company Limited, England, 1999
3. Lawless J. The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Elemental Books Limited, England, 1995.
4. Schnaubelt K. Advanced Aromatherapy,The Science of Essential Oil Therapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1998
5. Tisserand, Robert, and Rodney Young. Essential Oil Safety. 2nd ed. China: Churchhill Livingstone, 2014. Print.
Safety information depends on the chemotype. The linalol chemotype is safe on the skin. Robert Tisserand's recommendation for linalol chemotype is maximum topical application of 3%, based on 15% eugenol content. Major concerns are for internal use of chemotype with high levels of estragole (methyl chavicol) content, as high levels are considered carcinogenic, and have produced DNA abnormalities in animals. Sweet Basil is not this chemotype.
The suggested shelf life is 5 years.
|Batch Number||Distillation Date|