Our organically crafted sweet basil essential oil is steamed distilled from basil plants grown without the use of pesticides or chemicals in the lush valleys of Nepal.
These delicate basil leaves create a sweet, herbaceous essential oil that is ideal for easing unwanted muscle spasms. It is also a favorite for reducing pain and inflammation as well as unwelcome bacteria and an overpopulation of fungal growth, such as candida. One of our favorite ways to use this oil is in a blend for stress headache relief as it also helps bring mental clarity, self-confidence, and motivation
|Country of Origin||Nepal|
|Extraction Method||Steam Distilled|
|Plant Part(s)||Flowers, Leaves|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
1. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
2. Davis P. Aromatherapy an A-Z. New revised edition C.W. Daniel Company Limited, England, 1999
3. Lawless J. The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Elemental Books Limited, England, 1995.
4. Schnaubelt K. Advanced Aromatherapy,The Science of Essential Oil Therapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1998
5. Tisserand, Robert, and Rodney Young. Essential Oil Safety. 2nd ed. China: Churchhill Livingstone, 2014. Print.
Safety information depends on the chemotype. The linalol chemotype is safe on the skin. Robert Tisserand's recommendation for linalol chemotype is maximum topical application of 3%, based on 15% eugenol content. Major concerns are for internal use of chemotype with high levels of estragole (methyl chavicol) content, as high levels are considered carcinogenic, and have produced DNA abnormalities in animals. Sweet Basil is not this chemotype.
The suggested shelf life is 5 years.
|Batch Number||Distillation Date|