Our certified organic cypress essential oil is steam distilled from cones, leaves, and twigs of the evergreen cypress tree growing wild in the hills and mountains of Spain. We love using this essential oil to promote healthy circulation.
The brightly aromatic cones, leaves, and twigs of the Cupressus sempervirens tree create a smokey, balsamic, resinous, woodsy essential oil. Along with helping to encourage healthy circulation, cypress essential oil is a lovely choice when looking to ease unwanted muscle spasms, reduce the presence of unwelcome bacteria, and help promote proper lung function. Many aromatherapists will use cypress essential oil in blends formulated to bring ease and relief in the instance of spasmodic coughing, or to help open the airways in the early onset moments of a minor asthma attack. It is also a lovely oil to use when one is experiencing restless leg syndrome. Emotionally and energetically, cypress essential oil can help calm excessive worrying and usher peace when one is feeling overwhelmed. This essential oil may bring courage during traumatic life events and can help ease painful transitions relating to loss. Cypress essential oil is a highly purifying oil, simultaneously working to support both the physical and emotional terrain.
|Country of Origin||Spain|
|Extraction Method||Steam Distilled|
|Plant Part(s)||Cones, Leaves, Twigs|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
Calms excessive thinking and talking
Soothes when feeling overwhelmed
Purifies and cleanses both psychically and physically
Eases major life transitions
Assists grief, trauma or transition
1. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
2. Davis P. Aromatherapy an A-Z. New revised edition C.W. Daniel Company Limited, England, 1999
3. Keville, K. Aromatherapy, A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, The Crossing press, USA, 1995
4. Mojay G. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Henry Holt and Company Inc., England, 1996
5. Price S. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, Churchill Livingstone, 1995
6. Schnaubelt K. Advanced Aromatherapy, The Science of Essential Oil Therapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1998
7. Tisserand R. The Art of Aromatherapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1977
Non-toxic, non-irritating. If oxidized, it may cause skin irritation or sensitization. Some sources recommend avoiding Cypress essential oil during pregnancy, but there is no research to support this statement. To be extra cautious, take care when using with asthmatics. Cyrpess can be either very helpful with bronchial asthma or a potential irritant.
The suggested shelf life is 2-3 years.
|Batch Number||Distillation Date|