Myrrh essential oil is steam distilled from the resin of the small, thorny myrrh tree which has strong knotted branches and delicate white flowers on the boughs. The oil is light yellow to light orange in color.
Among its many benefits, Myrrh essential oil is wonderfully suited to individuals prone to over-thinking, worry, and mental distraction. Our Myrrh has recently gone up significantly in price as this is an amazing Myrrh. Deep and wonderful! Myrrh is very difficult and time consuming to distill. We feel privileged to have this Myrrh available to us and feel it is well worth the price increase.
If you would like to know more about this essential oil and its uses, we highly recommend…
|Country of Origin||Somalia|
|Cultivation||Plant Was Wild Crafted|
|Extraction Method||Steam Distilled|
|Plant Part(s)||Resin / Gum|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
Calms the mind, brings tranquility
Soothes those who are prone to over thinking and distraction
Brings inner stillness and a sense of peace
Used in meditations to connect physical and spiritual
1. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
2. Davis P. Aromatherapy an A-Z. New revised edition C.W. Daniel Company Limited, England, 1999
3. Keville, K. Aromatherapy, A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, The Crossing press, USA, 1995
4. Mojay G. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Henry Holt and Company Inc., England, 1996
5. Price S. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, 3rd edition, Churchill Livingstone, 2007
6. Schnaubelt K. Advanced Aromatherapy, The Science of Essential Oil Therapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1998
7. Tisserand R. The Art of Aromatherapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1977
8. Nye, S. (2006) Aromatic interventions for decubitus ulcer: a case report from South Africa. The International Journal of Clinical Aromatherapy 3 (2B): 25-28
9. Tisserand, R., Rodney Young. Essential Oil Safety, 2nd edition. Churchhill Livingstone, UK, 2014.
Non-toxic, non-irritating. Contraindicated for pregnancy and breastfeeding, due to its β-elemene and furanodiene content, which may be fetotoxic.
The suggested shelf life is 6-8 years.
|Batch Number||Distillation Date|