Our rose absolute is solvent extracted from rose petals cultivated in the countryside of Bulgaria. We love using this absolute to help usher balance and serenity to the mind, body, and spirit.
The gorgeous, pink petals of the Rosa x damascena flower create an intoxicatingly sweet, rosy, slightly spicy absolute. Along with helping to promote balance, rose absolute is deeply skin nourishing and often used in skin care blends for rejuvenation, radiance, and healing. This absolute is also helpful in possibly managing minor pain and inflammation, helping to reduce the presence of unwanted bacterial activity, and possibly helping to ease unwanted muscle spasms. Rose absolute can help during various phases of a woman’s reproductive health and also can assist in hormonal balancing during menopause, especially when experiencing hot flashes. Emotionally and energetically, rose absolute heals and soothes. This absolute can help heal the heart during times of great despair, bringing to the surface increased feelings of love. Rose absolute can help ease shock and grief during times when one is experiencing deep loss. This absolute is welcome during times of situational anxiety and depression.
|Country of Origin||Bulgaria|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
Eases shock, grief and depression
Heals deep despair
Soothes and heals the heart
Brings a feeling of love
The producers of this Rose absolute have been making rose oils for several generations. They have an excellent technique for producing high quality absolutes. The harvest begins as soon as the flowers start opening and continues until all the flowers have been gathered. Flowers are picked up very early in the morning while the morning dew is still on them. It takes approximately 60,000 roses to produce one ounce of Rose absolute!
1. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
2. Davis P. Aromatherapy an A-Z. New revised edition C.W. Daniel Company Limited, England, 1999
3. Keville, K. Aromatherapy, A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, The Crossing press, USA, 1995
4. Mojay G. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Henry Holt and Company Inc., England, 1996
5. Price S. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, 2nd edition, Churchill Livingstone, 1999
6. Schnaubelt K. Advanced Aromatherapy, The Science of Essential Oil Therapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1998
7. Tisserand R. The Art of Aromatherapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1977
Non-toxic, non-irritating. Tisserand suggests maximum topical use of 2.5% for Rose absolute, and 0.6% for Rose Otto due to methyleugenol content.
The suggested shelf life is 5 years.
|Batch Number||Extraction Date|