On Aromatics International we have 2 rosemary oils. Rosemary ct camphor and Rosemary ct verbenone. This particular Rosemary (verbenone chemotype) is especially good for clearing thick mucus and for skin care. Rosemary creates circulation and warmth, soothing sore muscles, aches and pains. For a cold, try making a cream with other respiratory oils (Eucalyptus, White Pine, Frankincense, Lavender) and put it on your chest and upper back all through the day. It can be very effective against mucus. May help heal old scars.
|Country of Origin||South Africa|
|Extraction Method||Steam Distilled|
|Plant Part(s)||Flowers, Leaves|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
Stimulates and strengthens the mind
Clears the thoughts
Energizes and uplifts
Try putting a drop of Rosemary in your handful of shampoo before you wash your hair in the morning. I do this about once a week and my hair loves it. Its aroma is refreshing and uplifting, great in the morning.Recipes
1. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
2. Davis P. Aromatherapy an A-Z. New revised edition C.W. Daniel Company Limited, England, 1999
3. Keville, K. Aromatherapy, A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, The Crossing press, USA, 1995
4. Mojay G. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Henry Holt and Company Inc., England, 1996
5. Price S. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, 2nd edition, Churchill Livingstone, 1999
6. Schnaubelt K. Advanced Aromatherapy, The Science of Essential Oil Therapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1998
7. Tisserand R. The Art of Aromatherapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1977
8. Tisserand, R. Essential oils and hypertension - is there a problem?, 2010 (article)
If oxidized it can cause skin irritation or sensitization. The literature suggests that people with epilepsy, high blood pressure, and pregnant women should avoid Rosemary because of the camphor content. It can be a stimulating oil; avoid nighttime use. With children, use at no more than 1% (5-6 drops total in 1 ounce of carrier). According to Robert Tisserand, however, he believes that there is no case for contraindicating any essential oil in someone with high blood pressure.
The suggested shelf life is 3-4 years.
|Batch Number||Distillation Date|