This Cedarwood (C. atlantica), grown in the forests of the Moroccan Atlas mountains is a gentle giant! This essential oil offers support on many different levels, and has many applications in both natural perfumery and for therapeutic uses. If you happen to be experiencing chronic stress, this oil is renewing and will bring pureness to any blend. Its sweet and woodsy aroma is often incorporated into blends as a base note, giving strength and stability in its aroma, aiding in mental and emotional stability.
To further describe its lovely scent, it reminds us of that fresh, cedarwood chest scent, filling the air with floral and citrus top notes. Like our other essential oils, this cedarwood is not rectified, meaning it has not been gone through any standardizing procedures, leaving it in its most natural form.
Cedarwood is a wonderful essential oil to blend into a cream for the chest to relieve possible congestion. Its stimulating effects on the respiratory system make this oil absolutely essential when an infection is present. Its astringent and antiseptic qualities make it wonderful in skin care, especially with those suffering with acne. It is also useful for itchy skin and for nourishing the hair.
Click here to learn more about our other cedarwood (J. virginiana) essential oil!
|Country of Origin||Morocco|
|Extraction Method||Steam Distilled|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
Increases strength and endurance during difficult times
Encourages the ability to hold steady and persevere
Supports confidence in challenging situations
Increases self esteem
Connect to surroundings
1. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
2. Davis P. Aromatherapy an A-Z. New revised edition C.W. Daniel Company Limited, England, 1999
3. Keville, K. Aromatherapy, A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, The Crossing press, USA, 1995
4. Mojay G. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Henry Holt and Company Inc., England, 1996
5. Holmes, Peter. Aromatica: a clinical guide to essential oil therapeutics. London, UK: Singing Dragon, 2016. Print.
No safety issues specific to this oil.
The suggested shelf life is 6-8 years.
|Batch Number||Distillation Date|