This sweet fennel is part of our local artisan distilled essential oil collection. This essential oil is a pale yellow liquid with a refreshing, anise-like aroma. An effective antispasmodic of the gastric and intestional smooth muscle, sweet fennel helps to relieve nausea, bloating, belching, indigestion, and constipation.
Sweet fennel also has a nice action on the respiratory system, calming spastic coughing and asthma, and working to disperse phlegm.
Garbriel Mojay says that sweet fennel is a mild diuretic and lymphatic decongestant, helping to rid the body of stagnant fluids and fats. Fennel has been used for centuries in cooking and for medicinal purposes.
Why do we love our essential oils?
If you would like to know more about aromatherapy, we highly recommend…
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Cultivation||Locally-Sourced, Certified Organic|
|Extraction Method||Steam Distilled|
|Botanical Family||Apiaceae (Umberlliferae)|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
Calms and encourages freely being able to articulate and communicate effectively
Helps to decongest the mind
Encourages confident self expression
1. Lawless J.The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, Elemental Books Limited, England, 1995.
2. Schnaubelt K. Advanced Aromatherapy, The Science of Essential Oil Therapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1998
3. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
4. Tisserand. R. Essential Oil Safety, Churchhill Livingstone, 1995.
5. Mohjay, Gabriel, Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Healing Arts Press, Rochester, Vermont, 1997
To be used only for the short term, and at a maximum of 2.5%. Not to be used on children under five. Contraindicated for pregnancy and breastfeeding. Not advisable to use during labor, especially if it is progressing slowly. Prone to oxidation.
The suggested shelf life is 3-4 years.
|Batch Number||Distillation Date|