Our organically crafted vintage patchouli essential oil is steamed distilled from the leaves of the patchouli plant cultivated in India. This particular patchouli is considered vintage because it has been intentionally aged since 2011 in order to deepen the aroma. The aromatic profile of some essential oils improve with age and this is certainly one of them. We love using our vintage patchouli essential oil when looking to balance and calm the mind, body, and spirit.
The rich, green leaves of the bushy Pogostemon cablin herb create an earthy, sensual, resinous, sweet, woodsy, radiant essential oil. Along with working to usher balance to the physical, mental, and spiritual terrain, vintage patchouli essential oil can help with pain and inflammation management, work to reduce unwanted bacterial and fungal issues, and help boost a compromised immune system. Vintage patchouli essential oil is fabulous in insect repellent blends. This essential oil is incredibly skin nourishing, making it a lovely choice for helping heal minor scars, sores, eczema, and surface wounds. This essential oil is often used as a perfume, incense, and in DIY deodorant blends. Vintage patchouli essential oil is used to keep moths away. Emotionally and energetically, vintage patchouli essential oil can help balance overthinking and worry. It is uplifting and an exquisite oil to use during times of situational depression and anxiety. Vintage patchouli essential oil can open the mind and heart, heightening the senses and connecting with one’s sensual inner being. This essential oil is a lovely choice when looking to support a good night’s rest.
|Country of Origin||India|
|Extraction Method||Steam Distilled|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
Balances an overactive mind
Reduces nervous strain
Counteracts disjointed and spacey feelings, opens up the breath
Supports connecting with one's sensual nature
1. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
2. Davis P. Aromatherapy an A-Z. New revised edition C.W. Daniel Company Limited, England, 1999
3. Keville, K. Aromatherapy, A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, The Crossing press, USA, 1995
4. Mojay G. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Henry Holt and Company Inc., England, 1996
5. Price S. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, 2nd edition, Churchill Livingstone, 1999
6. Schnaubelt K. Advanced Aromatherapy, The Science of Essential Oil Therapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1998
7. Tisserand R. The Art of Aromatherapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1977
No safety issues specific to this oil.
The suggested shelf life is 20 years.
|Batch Number||Distillation Date|