On Aromatics International we have 2 Patchouli oils. This Vintage Patchouli was distilled in 2011. The aroma is smooth, round, soft and mature. It is a perfumers delight! Patchouli is amazing in blends to reduce stress, depression, and anxiety. It can also be used in blends for skin conditions such as dryness, inflammation, scars, sores, eczema and wounds. It is moisturizing and cooling for the skin. Great for insect repellent blends. The oil is used as a perfume, incense, and a deodorant, and in the past was used to scent clothes and keep away moths. Research shows the oil’s antibacterial effects are strong. Its sedative action makes it a great oil to use at night in a bath.
|Country of Origin||India|
|Extraction Method||Steam Distilled|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
Balances an overactive mind
Reduces nervous strain
Counteracts disjointed and spacey feelings, opens up the breath
Supports connecting with one's sensual nature
1. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
2. Davis P. Aromatherapy an A-Z. New revised edition C.W. Daniel Company Limited, England, 1999
3. Keville, K. Aromatherapy, A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, The Crossing press, USA, 1995
4. Mojay G. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Henry Holt and Company Inc., England, 1996
5. Price S. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, 2nd edition, Churchill Livingstone, 1999
6. Schnaubelt K. Advanced Aromatherapy, The Science of Essential Oil Therapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1998
7. Tisserand R. The Art of Aromatherapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1977
No safety issues specific to this oil.
The suggested shelf life is 20 years.
|Batch Number||Distillation Date|