Our organically crafted sandalwood essential oil is sustainably produced, with governmental approval, from the wood of the sandalwood tree growing wild in the tropical rainforests of Indonesia. We often reach for this essential oil at first sign of a cold or flu to help prevent illness. Placing a drop of sandalwood essential oil in a little carrier oil and dabbing under the chin, will often ward off a minor sore throat – sometimes resolving early symptoms in a matter of hours.
The wood from the Santalum album tree has an important, rich global history and has been burned for centuries as incense in spiritual ceremonies. When distilled, the stunning, light amber wood from this tropical tree creates a sweet, woodsy, slightly balsamic, sensual essential oil. Along with helping reduce the presence of unwanted bacterial, fungal, and viral activity, sandalwood essential oil is deeply skin nourishing and healing. It is often used to ease unwanted muscle spasms and help with minor pain and inflammation management. This essential oil is incredibly supportive of healthy lung function. Emotionally and energetically, sandalwood essential oil encourages and protects. It supports deeper meditation and inner unity. Sandalwood essential oil can help bring us back to ourselves and encourage self-acceptance.
|Country of Origin||Indonesia|
|Extraction Method||Steam Distilled|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
1. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
2. Davis P. Aromatherapy an A-Z. New revised edition C.W. Daniel Company Limited, England, 1999
3. Keville, K. Aromatherapy, A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, The Crossing press, USA, 1995
4. Mojay G. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Henry Holt and Company Inc., England, 1996
5. Price S. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, 2nd edition, Churchill Livingstone, 1999
6. Tisserand R. The Art of Aromatherapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1977
Non-toxic, non-irritating. The oil is often adulterated, so having quality assurance through a GC is vital. According to Tisserand, although very rare, it may cause skin sensitization, and suggests safe topical application of 2%.
The suggested shelf life is 6-8 years.
|Batch Number||Distillation Date|