Our certified organic yarrow essential oil is steam distilled from the flowering tops and leaves of the yarrow plant growing wild in the English countryside. We often reach for this essential oil when looking to manage pain and inflammation. Yarrow essential oil is one of the more well-known essential oils for helping reduce inflammation.
The white flowering tops and green leaves of the Achillea millefolium flower create a deep blue, sweet, floral, herbaceous, camphor-like essential oil. Yarrow essential oil helps to manage pain and inflammation and is regularly used to relieve headaches and soothe nerve pain, like sciatica. This essential oil is a fabulous oil for skin support as it is cooling and so welcome when dealing with hot, inflamed swelling and soothing unwanted muscle spasms. Try blending yarrow essential oil with helichrysum italicum essential oil and rock rose essential oil for a truly incredible, comprehensive skin healing blend. Yarrow essential oil is an excellent choice for digestive support and is often used to help with irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion, and excessive gas. This essential oil also helps reduce congestion, aches, pains, and fever relating to a cold or the flu. Yarrow essential oil is helpful in managing menstrual cramping and is also welcome when looking to relieve hot flashes. This essential oil is helpful in reducing unwanted microbial activity, managing unwanted fluid retention, and helping to maintain normal allergic reactions. Emotionally and energetically, yarrow essential oil heals and uplifts. Yarrow essential oil helps heal emotional trauma and is often used to help positively release repressed anger and deal with rage productively.
|Country of Origin||England|
|Extraction Method||Steam Distilled|
|Plant Part(s)||Flowers, Leaves|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
Heals current emotional trauma
Used for repressed anger and rage
1. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
2. Keville, K. Aromatherapy, A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, The Crossing press, USA, 1995
3. Mojay G. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Henry Holt and Company Inc., England, 1996
4. Price S. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, 2nd edition, Churchill Livingstone, 1999
5. Schnaubelt K. Advanced Aromatherapy, The Science of Essential Oil Therapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1998
6. Nye, S. (2006) Aromatic interventions for decubitus ulcer: a case report from South Africa. The International Journal of Clinical Aromatherapy 3 (2B): 25-28
No safety issues specific to this oil.
The suggested shelf life is 4 years.
|Batch Number||Distillation Date|