Grown in the high alpine area of the Himalyan's managed forest, Spikenard can provide wonderful support when experiencing anxiety, insomnia, or a general feeling of being out of sorts. Spikenard calms the heart, relaxes the mind, reduces excessive thinking, and brings a peaceful feeling. It has been used successfully to calm anxiety. Try combining it with equal amounts of Ylang Ylang and applying the blend to the chest. Its aroma is unique, sweet, earthy, warm, and deep. This oil is a great antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory! May also help slow down heavy menstrual bleeding and will reduce cramps. It is an amazing oil for muscle spasms! Spikenard is helpful to add to antifungal blends. The oil supports reducing inflammation and tissue healing. As an added benefit it is a great bug repellent. The herb is used in tribal healing for difficult skin conditions.
|Country of Origin||Nepal|
|Cultivation||Plant Was Wild Crafted|
|Extraction Method||Steam Distilled|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
Calms the heart
Stabilizes the mind
Settles the emotions
1. Davis P. Aromatherapy an A-Z. New revised edition C.W. Daniel Company Limited, England, 1999
2. Keville, K. Aromatherapy, A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, The Crossing press, USA, 1995
3. Mojay G. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Henry Holt and Company Inc., England, 1996
4. Price S. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, 2nd edition, Churchill Livingstone, 1999
5. Schnaubelt K. Advanced Aromatherapy, The Science of Essential Oil Therapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1998
No safety issues specific to this oil.
The suggested shelf life is 6-8 years.
|Batch Number||Distillment Date|