Aromatherapy for Sleep: Get Your Best Night's Rest During Daylight Saving Time
If you struggle to sleep during the transition to daylight saving time (DST), you're not alone. The change in time can disrupt our natural sleep rhythms, making it difficult to get a good night's rest.
However, there is a natural remedy that can help - aromatherapy. In this blog post, we'll explore how to use aromatherapy to promote a better night's sleep during DST, I'll share my list of top 10 best essential oils for sleep (and blends too!), and share some tried-and-true tips for getting your best sleep.
The Connection Between Aromatherapy and Sleep
Aromatherapy is a natural way to support physical and emotional well-being, and it's particularly effective for promoting relaxation and great sleep. Essential oils are the foundation of aromatherapy, and they can have a calming effect on the body and mind, making them an effective tool to promote sleep. With so many essential oils available, I'm happy to share my list of the top 10 best essential oils for sleep, so you can do more with less!
Top 10 Essential Oils (+ Blends) for Sleep During DST
Certain essential oils are particularly effective for promoting relaxation and better sleep during times of stress or change. Lavender oil, chamomile oil, and bergamot oil are all popular options for sleep.
Lavender essential oil is known for its calming properties and is often used to help people unwind before bed. Chamomile has a soothing effect on the nervous system and can help to relieve anxiety. Bergamot is known for its mood-lifting properties and can be useful for people who are feeling overwhelmed during the transition to daylight saving time.
- 1. Lavender oil: Calming and relaxing, lavender essential oil is often used to reduce stress and anxiety making it an incredible sleep aid.
- 2. Bergamot oil: Known for its mood-lifting properties, bergamot essential oil can be helpful for people who are feeling overwhelmed or anxious during the transition to daylight saving time.
- 3. Sandalwood oil: With its grounding and calming properties, sandalwood essential oil can be useful for promoting relaxation and deep sleep.
- 4. Ylang-ylang oil: Ylang-ylang oil has a sweet, floral scent that can be relaxing and mood-enhancing.
- 5. Frankincense oil: Frankincense essential oil has a grounding and calming effect that can improve sleep quality, while helping unwind and relax.
- 6. Vetiver oil: Vetiver oil has a rich, earthy scent that helps improve relaxation and stress relief.
- 7. Cedarwood oil: With its warm, woody aroma, cedarwood oil can help to promote relaxation and improve sleep quality.
- 8. Roman Chamomile oil: Roman chamomile essential oil can be helpful for reducing anxiety and promoting relaxation, making it a great choice for improving sleep during daylight saving time.
- 9. Clary Sage oil: Clary sage essential oil has a calming and sedative effect that can be useful for promoting relaxation and improving sleep quality.
- 10. Patchouli oil: Patchouli has a grounding and relaxing effect that can help to lower stress and promote a good night's sleep during daylight saving time.
- 11. Catching Zzz's Blend: Settle in for a night of deep, tranquil sleep with our popular essential oil blend. The warm, sensual, exotic aroma can help relax the nerves—calming obsessive thinking and instilling profound meditation and inner unity.
- 12. Tranquil Mind Blend: Serenity and peace fill every drop of this profoundly relaxing essential oil blend. Tranquil Mind is your bottle of quiet composure, allowing you to relax—whether you use it throughout the day to ease stress or slip off to sleep in the evening.
- 13. Transitions Blend: Changes can be challenging. Maintain your balance with our Transitions blend. Whether you’ve been expecting a shift for some time or it comes on you all of a sudden, Transitions can offer emotional grit, confidence, and grace.
Shop the Aromatherapy for Sleep Collection & bring home all of the pure essential oils, blends, carriers known to help you achieve your best night's sleep. Shop Aromatherapy for Sleep.
Creating a Sleep-Promoting Routine During DST
Having a consistent bedtime routine is important for promoting restful sleep, especially during times of change. You can incorporate aromatherapy into your bedtime routine by using a diffuser to disperse essential oils into the air, adding a few drops of essential oil to your bath, or applying a pillow spray that contains calming essential oils.
Try to create a relaxing environment in your bedroom by using soft lighting, comfortable bedding, and keeping the temperature cool. You'll fall asleep before you know it!
Sleepy-time DIY Recipes
If you're looking for the ultimate relaxation experience, check out these five amazing sleep blends that can help you get a better night's rest. They include products mentioned above, along with some other essential oils that add a synergistic effect to the blends.
- Bergamot Bedtime Oil
- Calming & Rest Oil
- Sleep Tight Diffuser Blend
- Sleepy Time Kids Inhaler
- Sweet Slumber Lotion
Other Tips for Improved Sleep Quality During DST
In addition to using aromatherapy, there are several other things you can do to promote better sleep during the transition to daylight saving time. These include:
- Sticking to a consistent sleep schedule
- Avoiding caffeine and alcohol in the evening
- Getting regular exercise
- Limiting screen time before bed
If you're struggling to sleep during the transition to daylight saving time, aromatherapy can be a natural and effective solution. By incorporating essential oils into your bedtime routine, you can create a peaceful and calming environment that will help you get the rest you need. So give aromatherapy a try, and see how it can help you get your best night's sleep.
I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you have any questions or would like to share your own tips for using aromatherapy for sleep, feel free to leave a comment below.