Our organically grown lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the rind of the freshly harvested lemon fruit cultivated in orchards lining the parts of the Italian mountainside. We love using lemon essential oil in our DIY cleaning products in order to harness the purifying, inherent nature of lemon to effectively cleanse and brighten a space.
The bright yellow Citrus limon fruit rinds create a magically sweet, citrusy essential oil that is a lovely choice when looking to formulate blends for reducing bacteria and helping purify minor infection. This essential oil is also a strong choice when looking to help boost the immune system or when wanting to help reduce pain and inflammation. Emotionally and energetically, lemon essential oil brings an element of sparkle to a blend and can help lift a cloud of depression or ease emotional tension. It invites happiness and positive energy wherever it goes.
|Country of Origin||Italy|
|Extraction Method||Cold Pressed|
|Plant Part(s)||Fresh Fruit Rind|
Emotional and Energetic Qualities
1. Battaglia S. The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy. 2nd edition, The International Centre of Holistic Aromatherapy, Australia, 2003
2. Davis P. Aromatherapy an A-Z. New revised edition C.W. Daniel Company Limited, England, 1999
3. Keville, K. Aromatherapy, A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, The Crossing press, USA, 1995
4. Mojay G. Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit, Henry Holt and Company Inc., England, 1996
5. Price S. Aromatherapy for Health Professionals, 2nd edition, Churchill Livingstone, 1999
6. Schnaubelt K. Advanced Aromatherapy, The Science of Essential Oil Therapy, Healing Arts Press, USA, 1998
Phototoxic (when used in a blend at more than 12 drops per 1 ounce/30 ml). Otherwise non-toxic, though it may cause skin irritation. Use in low dilution (1-2%) when applying to the skin, such as in bath or massage oils. Older, oxidized oils increase the potential for skin irritation. It's best to buy citrus oils from organically-grown fruit, as citrus trees are heavily sprayed. The citrus oils are cold-pressed, and the pesticides come through the process and are found in the oils.
The suggested shelf life is 2 years.
|Batch Number||Pressed Date|